The Cocoon Skill for Amazon Alexa will allow you to do the following:
- Sound the siren
- Arm your Cocoon
- Ask questions about Subsound, Learning and the LED on your Cocoon
This is currently an MVP (minimum viable product) and we will looking to add more features to the Skill soon, but we chose these features due to the strong use case for people wanting to perform these actions while they are at home.
Using Cocoon with Alexa
- First, you will need to enable the Cocoon Skill in your Alexa App Skill Store or via the Amazon website.
- Please also ensure Amazon Alexa is enabled on your Cocoon app:
- This action is available in the “Your Household” screen under the new ‘Smart home’ section. Please tap the button ‘Invite Amazon Alexa’.
- Follow the login page for Amazon.
Only when both these steps have been done will the skill work fully and you will see in your timeline “Alexa joined your household”.
Please see the following list of examples showing how you can invoke the Cocoon Skill on your Alexa device (Please note; these do not have to be recited exclusively this way, but are some examples:)
- Alexa, tell Cocoon to arm the household
- Alexa, tell Cocoon to sound the siren
- Alexa, ask Cocoon about Subsound
- Alexa, ask Cocoon about Learning
- Alexa, ask Cocoon how long learning takes
- Alexa, ask Cocoon why my LED is red
The Skill has been developed as a custom skill rather than a Smart Home Skill as this allows maximum flexibility for customising the interactions.