We've designed Cocoon to be plug and play, so all you have to do is open up your box, plug your Cocoon in, pair your smartphone to Cocoon, and let Cocoon start protecting your home. Security made simple.
Check out our setup video guide to see how it's done:
- Plug Cocoon into a mains plug socket using the cable and plug supplied, then switch on at the socket
- Now's a good time to double check you have location services, mobile data, and WiFi enabled on your smartphone
- You'll also need to make sure you're connected to a 2.4GHz or dual band WiFi network. This network needs to be the one that you want your Cocoon to remain connected to if you have more than one
- You are now ready to being pairing, so open up the app and follow the instructions
- A steady blue LED on the Cocoon will indicate that you are ready to pair. If you don't see a blue LED, please check our troubleshooting articles - Here
- When prompted, add your name and valid email address when registering with the Cocoon. This name will show up on your timeline but can be changed at any time in Profile
- You'll then be asked to add your router's Wifi password. If you've not changed your default password this will be the one on your router. It's worth being extra careful at this point to make sure you get the right combination, but don't worry, if you get it wrong you'll be prompted to retry
- Now you're ready to play Cocoon the audio pairing message. This sound transmits all of the unique information that Cocoon will need to connect to your router
- To do this, hold your smartphone in front of your Cocoon (around 10cm should be good) making sure the volume is turned up full
- Your smartphone will play the distinctive Cocoon "chirp" and the blue LED on the front of your Cocoon will start to flash yellow - if your Cocoon's LED stays blue that means its not heard the chirp, so you'll be asked to try once more
- Success - your Cocoon should now be connected to the internet and will update to the most recent software version, and a yellow flashing LED will let you know that this is happening and depending on your internet speeds this update can take around 5 minutes to complete
- A green LED means your Cocoon is up-to-date, paired with your smartphone, and ready to invite additional users to your Cocoon 'Household'